Whoa! HELLO…. ANYBODY OUT THERE!!! So sorry I am so late, but I wanted to quickly get something in here because I wouldn’t want any of my readers disappointed. Yes, I have decided to put some of my recipes on Fridays for a while, and if you would like to join me feel free. A meal, dessert, appetizer, something cool for the holidays like a fancy drink feel free! Here’s mine for today!
- Today I would like to share my “$1.18 meal that fed 1 adult and 4 children and we loved it. 1 box of macaroni and cheese 29 cents, and a dozen eggs (back then) 89 cents. I made the macaroni normal recipe & scrambled about 8 eggs with milk, salt, pepper, garlic, a bit of milk and half way scrambled I would pour the macroni & cheese in, and sometimes if I had an extra dollar I would chop a pkg. of hot dogs in there two and mixed it all together, and we loved it. Sometimes we even made some toast with it. When you’re a single mother and have four hungry mouths to feed Mama Surprises were frequent and often repeated even if we did have money because they were so good! Bona petite my friends!
1984 I believe. My oldest is in the background there in the white sweater, and then my oldest son in the gold sweater, my youngest son next to him, and my baby girl… yes, in a red velvet dress. My Mom made sure both my girls always wore red velvet for Christmas in fact my youngest son even had a red velvet suit when he was a baby. LOL
- Well, it looks like our friend from “Create With Joy” Has invited us to share any and all posts with a holiday theme! Share your favorite holiday recipes, books, and crafts. **I DON’T HAVE HOLIDAY RECIPES. MY DAUGHTER IS THE BAKER. I JUST BUY IT ALREADY DONE USUALLY, BUT SOMETIMES I GET ADVENTUROUS. Show us your favorite decorating ideas!
- Take us on a tour of your beautifully decorated homes.
- This is my first shelf on the right side of my Christmas Village. This shelf our buildings from “It’s a Wonderful Life” The green one is Martini’s! Just got that one on E-Bay for ten bucks. They’re very expensive & although I would like them all… too expensive! Oh well! Delight us with your favorite holiday songs and your favorite seasonal posts. Well, here’s a new song I found that I think is kinda pretty. Christmas seasonal posts… are you kidding? I love them all!
- . If you have a great giveaway to help us spread some seasonal cheer – well, let us know about that as well!
- Have you mailed out all of your Christmas cards? Do you buy them – make them – or a combination of both? ** I BUY MINE & JUST STARTED FILLING THEM OUT! I’M BEHIND THE TIME. AUGHHHHHH
Don’t forget “Monday’s Merry Music Moves Me” & “Show Off Tuesday” next week! See ya then!
Have a great weekend everyone!