Oh boy! This is going to be fun! Actually I’m the cooker in the family, and my daughter is the baker, and I got it for her, but mum has to try it out first, right? ~hehehe~ So, let’s try it out girls what do you say! Now ladies heads up because before we use our Silicone Baking Mat we must wash it in hot soapy water, and dry thoroughly! Well of course you do that with anything you buy new… at least I do. Then apply a thin layer of cooking oil to preserve for first use (this will not be needed in the next uses, unless you put it in your dishwasher then you will have to do it again). So first of all let me show you a picture up close.
Now, when I was waiting for this wonderful product to arrive the company sent me a few little tidbits that I would like to share with you. Check this out:
- This product conforms to FDA regulations. It can be used in temperatures up to 450°F and even use for frozen recipes.
- It is made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone. All 100% food safe materials. The fibers mesh works with the silicone to provide perfect heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning.
- As far as putting the mat to fit in a smaller pan, no you cannot do this. The product is made of fiber glass coated with food grade silicone, so if you cut through the silicone you are potentially releasing the fiber glass into your food, and that my friend is so not good! ewwww
How much can you say about a baking mat, but I can say the biggest thing that I love about this mat is it doesn’t move at all! For real! You would think it would slide all over the place on the counter, but IT DOESN’T! Not even if there’s flour and stuff and you know how slippery that can be. It doesn’t move a smidgen of an inch. NOT A HAIR! But being the person that I am the company did put up a few more points I shall share with you all, so heads up all you bakers! Pay attention now, here we go.
Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat With Measurements – 420mm x 280mm (16-1/2″ x 11″) with Free Recipe eBook.
Toaster Oven & Freezer Safe – Cookie, Macaron & Pastry Sheet.
Certified FDA Approved
* This is a USA Half Size Baking Mat – 16-1/2″ x 11″ (280x420mm) – Custom designed cutted corners fits perfectly a 13″x18″ pan.
* Manufactured using FDA and LFGB approved materials – Made of fiber cloths covered with the best food grade silicone
* BakeitFun Baking Mat doesn’t require any grease, get rid of the extra fat or shortenings – Cook Nontoxic: Our mat is BPA free.
* Non-Stick surface eliminates the need to scrub – Keep your baking sheets always clean – Just rinse with warm water and air dry or dishwash, then roll it and store.
I’m the cook and my daughter’s the baker. At my 10th wedding anniversary she replicated my wedding cake. She is going to love this.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.