I have a recipe from my friend’s wife, and I asked if I could share it because it’s sooooooooooooo good and they said yes! Woo Hoo! Check this yummy stuff out! It’s sooooooo good!
“Turkey Pecan Florentine
This is one of her family’s favorite dishes. She makes this dish whenever they have any leftover turkey or when she roasts a turkey breast & there’s leftovers. The pecans give this dish a wonderful taste and a nice nutty flavor! mmm
Serving Size: 3 People
- 1 Pound of Bowtie Pasta
- 2 Pounds of Fresh Spinach
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 6 Ounces of Fisher Chopped Pecans
- 3 Tablespoons of Flour
- 1-1/2 Cups of Milk
- 1/4 Cups of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cups of Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 4 Cups of Cooked Roasted Turkey
- 1/2 Teaspoons of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoons of Pepper
- In a 8 quart pot, boil water and cook pasta. Cook approximately 8 minutes, drain, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook spinach in boiling water. When done, drain well and layer it in the bottom of a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in chopped pecans, flour, salt and pepper and gradually add milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Reduce and add cheeses and cream, stirring over low heat until cheese melts.
- Mix in pasta and cooked turkey and pour over spinach. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove, stir well, sprinkle with your choice of cheese and enjoy!
We’re still going with anything goes at Friendship Friday and I’ve been putting up old cartoons. I hope you’re enjoying them. 🙂
So how about this week I ask you to leave a comment on any my reviews. They are looking mighty bare! If you leave a comment & tell me you did I’ll come by you & do the same! Now if you need something different like a follow on Twitter or Pinterest or Facebook or just for me to follow you do the same here, and I’ll do the same by you. Just let me know what it is. THANKS EVERYONE & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
- Don’t forget “Monday’s Music Moves Me” & “Show Off Tuesday” next week & CHECK OUT MY GIVE-AWAYS in my side-bar! See ya then!