OH YES, OVER THE HUMP AS THEY SAY!
Good Evening Everyone!
I sat down to just kind of browse and put something up, but didn’t know what. Then my friend Kisma put a message on my last post and I went to answer back and she had these questions below on her post and I thought I’d play along. Do you wanna play too? Feel free my friend & join in some of the laughs and smiles. She got it from a friend of her’s who is now my friend (hopefully)! His name is Eric over at All in a Dads Work of which you can located the link in the last question. It is a simple and fun one – requires little brain power – just a warm up to get the ideas flowing again – which it did so I even added some new questions.
0. Share your profile picture if you have one.
XmasDolly – that’s me 🙂
1. Who are you named after? My real name is Marie Ellen Adeline, and my nickname is Dolly (long story), (this on my birth certificate – not the nickname stuff), but my name on my baptismal is MarieElena. I was name after my mom & dad’s song Marie Elena by Jerry Vale during WWII.
2. Do you like your handwriting? I was taught the Palmer Method in school and I still use it. Yes, I do like it and I have had compliments from time to time.
3. What is your favorite lunch meat? ham and salami
4. Longest relationship? Current one..will be together since July 4, 1991, and we’ve been married 18 yrs. as of December 23
5. Do you still have your tonsils? No, had them taken out when I was five.
6. Would you bungee jump? Ain’t no way!
7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Sometimes, but most of the time I wear slip on.
8. Favorite ice cream? vanilla ice cream with Cookie dough
9. What is the first thing you notice about people? First their eyes & then hair.
10. Football or baseball? Neither.
11. What color pants are you wearing? Dark gray.
12. Last thing you ate? Chicken sandwich from Wendy’s.
13. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple.
14. Favorite smell? Fresh cut grass and baby powder
15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My youngest daughter Missy.
16. Hair color? When? Is that before I need a touch up or after…?
17. Eye color? brown
18. Favorite foods to eat? End cut – prime rib mmmmmmm
19. Scary movies or happy endings? Both.
20. Last movie you watched? Finding Dory
21. Favorite Holiday? Helloooooooooo??? Xmasdolly here! Christmas of course!!!
22. Beer or Wine? Definitely wine…
23. Night owl or early bird? Night Owl, but sometimes Early bird.
24. Favorite day of the week? Saturday!
24 1/2. Which three of your favorite bloggers you would like to know more about? (link to their about page if they have one)
25. Who were the latest three people to follow your blog (link to their about page)?
100. Copy this link
This is our “Charlie”! Dave named him. Now here’s the story of Charlie! I’m sure you all remember “Baby”. That was our Black Lab who lived to a great old age of 16 I believe it was. The Vet said Black Labs don’t normally live that long and that she must’ve been very well loved and she was. She was loved and spoiled to the core, and before her we had “Cleo” who was also a Black Lab and very well loved and also lived to a nice ripe old age. I believe Cleo was the same age as “Baby” when we put her down. They were just too old and losing the will to live and we believe Baby had a stroke the day we were putting her down and it was like the Lord telling us it was the right thing to do.
Here are some more pictures of Charlie in a minute. Now I’ve never really trained a puppy before so any help you can leave in a comment would be extremely appreciated. First, of all we put down Baby when she got so old and her body functions were failing a week before Christmas. It broke our hearts, but we had to do it for her and she went off to stay with our other friend Cleo who more or less died the same way. They’re both at “Rainbow Bridge” (love that story it truly helps a broken heart due to a pet). We waited a long time before we thought about another pet/friend because I’m retired and disabled and being totally alone is not my favorite. I needed a friend, and so I didn’t really look to hard at first I waited for the right opportunity for us. I wanted to give a pet a forever home as they’re calling it at Petfinder’s. I was searching through there and I found out that it would cost $200/$300 at the shelters around my house and then I was talking to my daughter and she said it was $100 cheaper by her. So she was going there looking for a kitty for her daughter and she sent me pics of different dogs she thought I might like and one day a police officer brought in Charlie that was just a stray, and I went to go look. They said he was 7 yrs. old. NOT! Then the Vet said okay maybe “5”. I don’t think so! He still has baby teeth barely peaking through his gums. He’s very playful, loves to bite while playing, trained as far as sitting, and goes to the bathroom outside, but had to holler at him one time when he lifted his leg, but didn’t do anything and he’s had one accident. Shhhhh don’t tell Dave! He loves to go for a walk, but when I take him to the park he pulls on that chain sooooooooooooo hard. He loves to stay on the front porch, and will stay chained up in the backyard for a little bit, but not long. Nothing to see back there. So……… oh, and loves to chew on paper from the garbage can and will try to get on the couch when he thinks you’re in a good mood, but we don’t allow that. Well, that’s it. So any pointers is truly accepted with gratitude. Have a great Labor Day and have fun, and please be safe. Below are a few more pics of Charlie!!! Charlie also loves to run, run, run and play, play, play!!! I’m not that young anymore, so I need other things I can do with him that he’ll like. I’ve bought him all kinds of toys already and he loves TREATS! I’ve taught him how to (sit he knew how already so I can’t take credit for that). He is trained not to poop or do his business in the house, and I’ve taught him how to give me paw. Both paws as of today! WOO HOO! That second paw was a task. Oh and he knows how to go in his cage all by himself. We’re making him sleep in there because we cannot trust him yet as far as his business or chewing on things or going on the furniture and garbage. He’s a big time chewer so therefore I believe he’s teething, don’t you?
So any and all advice or help is appreciated! Thanks everyone and I hope you love Charlie as much as I do. I will post pics from time to time. I have to get our boxes ready now that we’re donating to Texas Hurricane donation, so we can drop them off.
MONDAY’S MUSIC IS JUST BELOW COME AND JOIN US!