Thanks to Betty Crocker~
Gingersnap Cookie Dough
1 cup packed brown sugar, 3/4 cup shortening, 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg. 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger. 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves. 1/4 teaspoon salt
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg – 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour – 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar – 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, mix brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg. Stir in remaining Gingersnap Cookie Dough ingredients.
3. In another large bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar, the butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Stir in remaining Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough ingredients.
4. For each cookie, shape a level tablespoon of Gingersnap Cookie Dough and a rounded teaspoon of Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough into a ball. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar; place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Call me as soon as they’re out of the oven! 🙂
We’re still going with anything goes at Friendship Friday and I’ve been putting up old cartoons. I hope you’re enjoying them. 🙂
THANKS EVERYONE & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
- Don’t forget “Monday’s Music Moves Me” & “Show Off Tuesday” next week & CHECK OUT MY GIVE-AWAYS in my side-bar! See ya then!